We’re thrilled to announce that Bombas is donating 10,000 pairs of socks to nonprofits addressing homelessness that are selected by Grapevine Giving Circles this quarter!
On most nights, more than 500,000 individuals in the U.S. experience homelessness. This is made even more challenging by the winter weather many are experiencing.
“My feet are my vehicles! If my feet aren't healthy, I can't get to where I need to be and my day gets a lot harder. Clean, dry socks are a luxury. It might seem really small, but without easy access to laundry they're a necessity. New socks are as good as gold.” - Lisa
Bombas will help you to amplify your impact for a nonprofit, and those it serves, beyond just your financial contribution. And this additional support comes at a time when these organizations and those they serve are most in need of support — during the winter months and after the holidays.
“Socks are the #1 most requested clothing item in homeless shelters.”
How it works:
- To be eligible, your Giving Circle must select a 501c3 public charity (or fiscally sponsored project) supporting individuals at risk of or currently experiencing homelessness for your upcoming grant, or your most recent grant.
- We have 10 boxes of 250 pairs of socks to give away, which means 10 nonprofits will receive a box.
- Selection will be on a first come, first served basis and there will be a limit of 1 box per organization.
- Bombas will handle shipping the socks to your selected nonprofit.
- We encourage you to organize a volunteer opportunity with the recipient nonprofit to help distribute the socks if that is of interest to you and the nonprofit.
Where to find nonprofits supporting issues of homelessness:
If you already know great organizations doing this work, you can nominate them for your group to consider for their next grant. If you don’t know organizations, you can ask others in your community for recommendations and do your own research online. Here are a few resources that might be helpful in your online research:
To express interest in your Giving Circle grantee receiving Bombas apparel, please complete this short form:
Bombas is a comfort-focused, basics apparel brand with a mission to help those facing homelessness. For every item purchased, a specially-designed item is donated to someone at risk of or currently experiencing homelessness.