Introducing Grapevine Pride - a special boost to Employee Resource Group Giving in June
This Pride month, Grapevine is running a special promotion to boost the impact of Employee Resource Groups. ERGs are critical to the visibility and belonging of underrepresented folks in the workplace, but the personal bandwidth and budget at many companies for ERGs is limited.
If you’re an ERG leader and this sounds familiar, we want to help! We are committed to supporting ERG communities by making it easier to engage your members and host in person gatherings, all while making a difference for what you care about.
That’s why we’re rolling out a new initiative for ERGs to amplify your work to fundraise for the LGBTQ+ community this June and increase your budget for events that bring their group together in the spirit of giving back.
Up to 10 ERGs can qualify for:
Matching Gifts: Grapevine will match the first $500 in giving from ERG Giving Circles on the platform with at least 10 members by June 30, 2023.
Covering Event Costs: Grapevine will cover expenses for pride month event that occur in June from the funds raised in your Giving Circle (up to 10% of total funds raised, maximum $500)
How does it work?
- Set up your ERG’s Giving Circle on Grapevine by Friday June 9, 2023 - it takes less than 3 minutes (You can learn more about starting & succeeding with a new Giving Circle here)
- Set a giving minimum (as little as 1 dollar!) for each member and cadence (monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- Invite the members of your ERG and allies to join the Giving Circle
- Once there are at least 10 members registered and at least $500 raised before June 30, 2023, you’ll get a $500 boost from Grapevine
- Call for nominations of U.S. based 501.c.3 charities that your group could support (e.g. LGBTQ+ organizations in your community for Pride Month)
- Host an event celebrating Pride and voting on where the collective donation should go
- Track expenses for the event (Food, space rental, etc.) and submit to Grapevine for reimbursement from your funds raised (up to 10% of your funds raised, maximum $500)
Grapevine handles all the administration of gathering gifts, issuing tax receipts and making donations to the organizations selected by the group - so you can focus on what really matters which is engaging the vital members of your ERG.
- Friday June 9, 2023: Deadline to set up Giving Circle on Grapevine
- Friday June 30, 2023: Deadline to qualify for $500 matching gift & host event with qualifying expenses to be covered
- Friday July 14, 2023: Deadline to submit event expenses for reimbursement (up to 10% of total funds raised, maximum $500)
If you’re new to Giving Circles or just want to know more about the collective giving movement, you can learn more here: What is a Giving Circle?
Let’s amplify Pride this year - get your ERG registered for Grapevine today and reach out to our community managers with any questions!